Update as of September, 2020
Thank you so much for considering printing with pindot!! Just an advisory that our current processing times for printing are around 4 weeks, NOT including shipping. We cannot make any exceptions as we have already scheduled out our production based on our current capacity and it’s only fair we complete print work on a first-come first-served basis. This does not apply to store items (which have already been printed to begin with). Store orders will ship within normal processing times (generally a few days). Thanks for your patience!
colours (riso name/pantone name / hex rbg)
Below is the Pindot Press Colour Chart. For a better look at the colours, we recommend that you request a physical copy to be mailed to you by going to the pindot shop.
- 70# text White
- 70# text Natural
- 67# cover Ivory Vellum Bristol (best for fluorescent/$)
- 67# cover White Vellum Bristol (best for fluorescent/$)
- 80# cover nonrecycled Natural (not great for fluorescent/$$)
- 80# cover recycled White (good for fluorescent/$$)
- 80# cover via vellum (best for fluorescent/$$$)
BYOP (Bring Your Own Paper)
If you would like to BYOP for printing (such as if you would like to use coloured papers), we will be happy to work with you on this request. Please note that the machine can’t print on glossy or coated papers because these types of paper do not absorb ink very well. Also, the thickest paper this machine can print on is 110 lb index or 270 gsm.
Max paper size: 11 x 17 inches (Tabloid)
Max print area: 10.6 x 16.25 in
Bleed: 0.125 in
Preferred: PSD (Photoshop Files) Grayscale, each layer is labelled with ink colour OR Flattened B&W (Grayscale) PDF of each colour layer
Resolution: 300 DPI – 400 DPI
We will be happy to work with you if you have any questions about file set-up so please email us at pindotpress[at]gmail.com.
- Saddle Stitch – We can do saddle stitch (stapled) binding up to a 32 page booklet (8 pieces of paper stapled together). The largest paper size we can saddle stitch is Tabloid or 11 x 17 inches. Booklets should be 8×10 + 1/8 inch bleed max or half of that, which is 5 x 8 + 1/8 inch max. More information about booklets and sizing can be found in this video:
- Trimming – If you would like us to trim the artwork, please include a 1/8 (0.125) inch bleed and crop/bleed marks. Crop/bleed marks can be turned on as an option when exporting to PDF in most layout programs like Illustrator/Indesign.
Got questions? We got answers. Click HERE.